Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Love Photoshop!

You know how it is: you take GREAT photos of your family on holidays and you can't wait to get home and scrap them... but as you work on your layouts you realize that there are lots of other random people in the background. I don't know about you, but I am not comfortable posting layouts online if a stranger or their child is in the background. It just doesn't seem 'right', so I find myself skipping a lot of photos that I love, or making them smaller on the page so the random people are not as clear. But finally, I figured out how to get rid of things like that! I took this photo of my daughter and removed the boy in the background by using the lasso tool and the Clone Stamp. I am sure there are better ways to do this lol, but what I did only took a few minutes and I made it up as I went along, so please excuse the 'layman's terms' lol. First I drew a shape around the person I wanted to remove, using the lasso tool. Then I switched to the clone stamp (after zooming in closely on the area I wanted to fix). By holding down the Alt key and clicking on a zone of water, for example, next to my lasso selection, i could then just click click click all over the area and change my stamp from time to time. When I got up to the tree line, I made sure the clone stamp was half on the water and half on the trees while I held down the Alt key, and then I carefully marched the stamp along my selected area. Etc Etc Etc, poof the person was gone! Just like magic. This is by no means a perfect job, but it is the very first time I tried to remove a random person without cropping or hiding them behind elements (lol), so I thought I would share!

Here are the before and after pics of the mysterious disappearing random stranger ;)

2 comments:

  1. You have been tagged.

    These are the rules:
    1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
    2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
    4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog enjoy!Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Banner made with Autumn Garden by Sooze